Who We Are
Chomps’ is reimagining best-for-you snacking with its signature meat snacks, made from the highest quality humanely raised proteins, no sugar, and containing only natural ingredients that doesn't compromise on taste. The Chomps mission is to inspire, educate, and fuel our community with accessible, sustainable, real food that tastes great. Chomps is the fastest growing all-natural meat snack brand and can currently be found in over 15,000 stores nationwide with a strong e-commerce presence.
Who You Are // What You Will Do
- We are looking for someone who knows how to cut through the noise of CPG. We want to build a brand that doesn’t check the boxes, but one that focuses on storytelling that works.
- You understand how to work with senior leadership to ideate, concept, and wireframe activations that go beyond driving “awareness” but rather driving brand recall.
- We believe that marketing is no longer a one-size-fits-all approach for our channels. You should understand how to think of the big idea/picture but then work with our channel managers across organic and paid media to figure out how that messaging and communication comes to life in each of their respective worlds.
- You will be the SME in all things:
- Marketing Planning and Budgeting,
- Big Picture Brand Development (Chomps on the moon?)
- Brand Campaign Briefing and Development
- Marketing Calendar Ownership
- Channel Strategy Evolution
- Consumer Insights
- You will set the vision for your growing team (internal and external) that owns:
- Trade + Shopper Marketing
- Social & Community
- Content Creation
- Owned Media
- Influencer Marketing
- PR & Partnerships
- Experiential Marketing
- Events Marketing
- You will work hand in hand with innovation to ensure consumer and market insights are at core of our work.
- You will spearhead marketing research agenda to turn those insights into meaningful work in packaging, product, and channel innovation.
- As the brand team lead, you will build a culture and mindset within your team that allows everyone the appetite to test, fail, pivot and identify what is working so that we can scale those activities up.
This person will be reporting to Stacey Hartnett, VP of Marketing and E-Commerce, and working closely with our founder, Pete Maldonado. This role is open to being 100% remote within the US.
Traits of a Chompian
You are self-motivated and action oriented, with a team player mindset. You are curious, creative, and agile
especially when it comes to the ever-changing landscape of marketing and consumer behavior. You have no problem being an independent problem-solver. You are a critical thinker and when it comes to managing multiple tasks at once, you know how to get the job done. You take complete ownership of everything you do and drive initiatives to completion. You have an “entrepreneurial” mindset and go the extra mile for your company and customers. You have a hunger to learn and passion for continuous improvement. You are a competitor by nature and have a track record of success. You take a keen interest in health, fitness, and nutrition and love sharing that with others through your creative ideas.
- Lead annual brand planning and development, including consistent ownership of consumer data and competitive landscape
- Own and enhance brand architecture, voice, and visual identity to ensure all consumer and trade touchpoints, in digital, POS, and packaging design, are connected and uniquely Chomps
- Bridge brand work to marketing strategy, leading omnichannel initiatives and working cross-functionally on executions that break through the noise
- Direct oversight of narrative in all owned marketing channels (social, influencer and partnerships, experiential, website, email, PR and earned media etc.)
- Shopper marketing and consumer promotions, collaborating closely with wholesale and ecommerce sales teams
- Own annual marketing budget, quarterly reforecasts, and real-time execution. Work in lock-step with the finance team on brand investment strategy and impact.
- Foster and execute a learning agenda through research, evaluation, and testing across all function levers (channels, tactics, targeting / audiences, creative / copy, partners, etc.)
- Play a critical role in our innovation strategy by being our connection to the consumer from both a quantitative and qualitative perspective.
- Consumer Insights, Trends, Campaign ideation etc.
- Present results and insights including recommendations and process enhancements to leadership and management teams
- Own resource planning for the brand function across internal and external teams. Lead current team of 3 FTEs with an immediate task of hiring a Brand Manager in the first 30-60 days.
- Collaborate with the e-commerce, performance marketing, creative, sales and category management teams and third-party agencies to ensure all content needs are met and optimized, yet consistent
- As part of the Chomps leadership team, you will help support critical strategic business initiatives and top-to-top meetings and presentation support.
Who You Are
- BA Required
- 5-7 years of experience in brand management and brand development with high growth, omnichannel consumer brand
- 3+ years of experience in CPG, food or beverage required
- Broad range of marketing knowledge growing a consumer brand, with expertise from brand management and development to media buying and channel strategy
- Through experience you have created a successful marketing "playbook", but have the ability to carve your own path, test and learn, and stay at the forefront of the latest and greatest brand/content/marketing strategies.
- Experience with budget ownership with understanding of how investments impact business results across core brand metrics and sales KPIs
- 360 Thinker: You understand the power of combining media + messaging and have experience developing content for paid and owned channels, including video, content, social media, OOH, packaging, email, and events
- Demonstrated creative and idea leadership with desire to pioneer (comfortable with ambiguity and “finding a way”)
- Culture, news, and industry obsessed. Ability to translate consumer behavior and trends into impactful marketing content
- Experience working directly with both internal and external creative partners, copywriters, and UGC partners to execute brand and creative vision
- Experience building a team and resource planning. Know how to lead internal and external teams in a positive, productive, and efficient manner.
- Results oriented. Highly analytical and data-driven mindset
- Outstanding communication (both verbal and written) and relationship management skills
- Comfortable leading multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
What You’ll Get
- Make an impact: Join a rapidly growing and entrepreneurial-spirited team at a pivotal point to positively impact the food industry
- Upward mobility: Grow within Chomps quickly based on outstanding performance
- Competitive pay: We offer competitive compensation packages to top talent. We win together.
- Comprehensive benefits: Health/vision/dental, 401K matching, unlimited time off, wellness stipend
- Enough meat sticks such that if you wanted to eat your body weight in them you could (and with no judgment from anyone)